INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATHLETIC PRE-PARTICIPATION FORMS
**TO PREVENT CONFUSION PLEASE READ CAREFULLY**
Before a student/athlete may try-out, practice, scrimmage and/ or participate in a game the items listed below must be satisfied – NO EXCEPTIONS.
1. All students must hand in the signed Athletic Agreement /Emergency Contact Information Form. This form must be completed and signed each time a new sport is played. Please make sure that all areas are complete, including signatures and dates.
2. All students must have the Emergency Medical Information Form on file to participate. All information must be complete or form will be returned.
3. All students must have on file a current History Form, Physical Examination Form and Clearance Form. The History Form must be reviewed by your physician at the time of the physical examination. If applicable, also have the Special Needs: Supplemental Health History Form completed and signed. The Physical Examination Form must be completed and signed by your physician. Please check the form before leaving your physician’s office to be sure all items are completed, especially the CLEARANCES and VISION sections. The physician must have completed the Cardiac Assessment Professional Development Module and have signed and dated the section on the Clearance Form. Your physical will be returned as INCOMPLETE if there isn’t a signature. Read the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act Information Fact Sheet for additional clarification. The physical examination is valid for 365 days. If a student has a current Sports Physical on file (within 365 days from the 1st official practice) they need only to complete the Health History Update Questionnaire. If you are unsure if your physical is still acceptable contact Mrs. Cunha, Athletic Director at 732-541-8960 x4059 or email email@example.com for assistance.
4. Read the NJSIAA Banned Drugs sheet and Consent Form, Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury Fact Sheet, Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes Brochure and Sports-Related Eye Injuries Fact Sheet. Your signature on the Athletic Agreement/Emergency Contact Information form acknowledges that you have received and read the information.
5. Academic Eligibility-Each student is expected to work as hard in the classroom as they do on the athletic field. Remember, you are a student first and an athlete second.
According to Carteret School District Policy any student suspended twice during a semester will not be allowed to participate on a sports team.
Due Dates for Athletic Forms:
Fall Sports: TBD
Winter Sports: October 30
Spring Sports: February 24