Welcome to Mr. Martinez's Page
I hope everyone is healthy and safe!
- Always try your personal best and accept responsibility for your learning.
- Support and be considerate of your classmates’ education.
- Respect every person and all property of the classroom.
- Be prepared and on time on a daily basis.
- Follow all Carteret Middle School rules.
Special Considerations for Remote Learning:
- Students will log in virtually to participate. Failure to log in within the first five minutes of your class time will result in missed instructional time and possibly being locked out of the class for that period, resulting in an absence.
- When logging in, remember to have your name correctly displayed, camera on, and mic on mute unless you are participating in class discussion. Failure to follow these considerations will result in being dismissed from the meeting and marked absent for the day.
- School rules apply during virtual sessions. Respectful, kind and appropriate behavior is expected during virtual lessons. Disruptive and disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
- Students can find directions, material and Zoom meeting times/links on Google Classroom every day.
- Grading will include daily participation in addition to assigned classwork and assessments. If you missed virtual class, you are still responsible for the work posted.
- Please be kind, patient, and considerate! This is a new situation for everyone! Please understand that we may experience some connectivity issues, mistakes, and delays.
- Please understand that if emails or messages are sent after hours, responses may come the next day.
Google classroom codes/links for our Google classroom were sent via email invite by me. If you were added to my roster after I sent the invite and you currently do not have a code, please email me at Rmartinez@carteretschools.org. It is essential to have Google classroom since this is where all announcements, assisgnments, and Zoom meeting links will be posted for our scheduled meeting/class times.
Mr. Martinez's bio:
2002 Carteret graduate
2006 TCNJ graduate with a BA in Health and Physical Education
2014 Rowan graduate with an MA in Education Administration
I have been teaching for 13 years
In addition to teaching I am also on the coaching staff for the Carteret Ramblers high school football program
(732) 541-8960 x8074