Introduction to Fashion Access Code to Google Classroom
Google Class code
Period 10 Introduction to Fashion hke6g63
Introduction to Fashion Course Information
Part 1- Fashion Designing
Part 2 - Fibers and Accessories
Course Description: During Part 1 the course provides a foundation for anyone interested in fashion design. It focuses on the art and design techniques used in fashion design. Students will use a variety of media typically used in the industry such as colored pencil, marker, and watercolor. During Part 2 students will be introduced to a variety of fibers and application techniques used in the industry. Students will be completing a number of pieces by hand and machine
Prerequisite(s) – Completion of either Art Appreciation or Design A
Introduction to Fashion Design will provide students with specific techniques while continuing to build on the elements and principles of design. Each project focuses on a set of objectives that educate the student in terms of a specialized rubric. Students will explore a number of mediums which will allow the student to build a personal portfolio.
Deadlines are set so students can pace themselves through the process. The student in this class should exhibit a genuine interest in visual arts , specifically fashion, and be willing to build on their skills as an artist.
Classroom Policies: All general school policies will be enforced in the classroom. See your student handbook for details.
- Students are expected to attend class daily and on time.
- Avoid coming late to class and always have a pass if you are.
- Avoid too many absences as they will directly affect your participation grade.
- Use your time wisely during class.
- Avoid being critical of others’ work. We will hold constructive critiques throughout the semester.
- Students are expected to work at home in addition to class time
- Spiral bound sketchbook
11 X 14 or/ 14 X 17 70lbs. / 30 sheets or more
- Multi pocket file folder
- Mechanical pencils, erasers
- Fine line (Sakura or Copic, size 01 - 05)