Physical Education Uniform
No exceptions to changing must be fully changed or No credit!
Royal blue t-shirt or sweatshirt
Navy blue sweat pants or athletic track pants
Navy blue basketball (gym) shorts
**No credit will be given to students who do not have on the proper physical education uniform!**
Phys Ed Grading System
Students grades will be updated each Friday and count as the weekly performance grade.
Students can earn up to five points each day. The following points can be earned:
5 points earned: If student is changed in the proper board approved physical education uniform, has sneakers, is sitting in correct squad line, does the warm up exercises and participates in physical education activity.
4 points earned: If student is late to class, is changed in the proper board approved physical education uniform, has sneakers, is sitting in correct squad line, does the warm up exercises, and participates in physical education activity
3 points earned: If student is changed in the proper board approved physical education, has sneakers, is sitting in correct squad line, does the warm up exercises and partially participates in physical education activity.
2 points earned: If student is changed in the proper board approved physical education uniform, has sneakers, is sitting in correct squad line, does the warm up exercises, but does not participate in physical education activity.
1 point earned: If student is changed in the proper board approved physical education uniform, has sneakers, is sitting in correct squad line, but does not do the warm up or participate in physical education activity.
0 points earned: If student is not in the proper board approved physical education uniform.
1 point will deducted for the following: Late to class, does not participate in warm up exercises or not sitting in squad line.
- Physical Education Grading System
- 75% - Class Participation (performance)
- 25% - Skills Assessment (physical activity tests)
- Promptness to class
- Being prepared for class (in proper clothing attire and sneakers)
- Sitting in correct squad line on time
- Participation in the warm up exercises
- Participation in the physical education activity as instructed by the teacher.
- **Students are only allowed 15 unexcused absences in this class because it is only 3 Marking Periods!**
- Physical Education Grading System
All School rules will apply in addition to the following:
Proper Dress for Class
- A complete change of athletic clothing must be worn, board policy attire only, including t-shirt or sweatshirt, shorts or sweatpants, socks and sneakers with laces. No school clothes should be worn over or under physical education clothes.
- 5 pts will be taken off if you are not wearing sneakers or board policy approved attire.
- Classes may be held outdoors in the fall and spring. Be prepared daily with a jacket, sweatshirt and/or sweatpants.
- No jewelry should be worn during class since it can pose a safety hazard.
Lockers and Locker Rooms
- A locker in the physical education locker room will be assigned to each student. Before and After class, physical education clothes must be locked in the your assigned locker.
- The physical education locker room is the only one that may be used.
- A combination lock will be used to lock the locker. The teacher will record the combination. The combination should never be given to another student.
- No sharing of lockers.
- Once class begins, no student will be allowed back into the locker room without permission from the teacher.
- Valuable belongings (jewelry, purses, wallets) must be locked in a locker during class. Leaving valuables lying around is only inviting theft. The physical education staff will not be responsible for lost of stolen articles.
- Keep all backpacks,books and other items in the locker room
- Students will be given 5 minutes after attendance is taken and five minutes at the end of class to change clothes.
- No gum chewing is allowed in class and no food or drink is to be consumed in the gym or locker room areas.
- All students will remain in the gym until the bell rings to end the period and they are dismissed.
- Any injuries or emergencies must be reported to the teacher during the class period so the proper action can be taken.
- No student may ever leave the class, gym or locker room areas without permission from the teacher.
- No one is allowed in the equipment room without permission from the teacher.
- Directions must be followed the first time they are given.
- Abuse, destruction or misuse of physical education equipment will not be tolerated. Obscene language, gestures, harassment or disrespect will not be tolerated.
- All students must follow student hand book rules and regulations in there student handbook
- A student well enough to be in school is generally well enough to be dressed and participating in class. Any exception to this will be handled on an individual basis.
- A note from a parent is required to excuse a student due to injury or illness. It will be accepted for the first time. Any prolonged excuse must have a doctor's note.
- A student who has become ill at school will discuss the problem with the teacher before the start of class and a decision will be made as to the best course of action for the student to take.