Carteret High School Visual Arts Department
Youth Art Month Design Contest 2020
Staff Emails: Susan Catrone, Virginia Perez, and Jacqueline Lachiver
The Carteret Visual Arts Department addresses the district’s mission to educate the complete individual. Through visual art education students gain awareness of community and world issues, knowledge and understanding of cultures, aesthetic literacy, and analytical thinking.
Areas of study include: Click on a course name for more information and examples of student artwork
- Art Appreciation entry level for the non art major
- Design A Entry level class
- Design B Completion of Design A
- Design II Completion of Design A&B with a grade of 80% or above and Portfolio review.
- Drawing 1 Entry level class
- Drawing 2 Completion of Drawing 1
- Honors Completion of Drawing 2
- AP Art Studio Completion of Honors/Portfolio review
- Introduction to Fashion Successful completion of one other art class/teacher recommendation
Students in Visual arts classes represented Carteret inseveral exhibits during the 2019/2020 school year:2019: Mayor’s Student Art Exhibit,Blazing Star Cultural Center2019: Fall Student Art Exhibit at theNew Jersey Performing ArtsCenter in Newark2020: Winter Student Art Exhibit atNew Jersey Performing ArtsCenter in Newark2020: Late Winter Art Exhibit atNew Jersey Performing ArtsCenter in Newark2020: Middlesex County Youth ArtMonth Exhibit2020: State Youth Art MonthExhibit, State House Trenton2020: Carteret Virtual Art Expo